Signature Card Danger Zones
What would happen if you were called upon to give a deposition in court on a signature card for an account you opened thirteen years ago at an institution for which you no longer worked? What would you say when an attorney asked you to remember the customer’s intentions when you opened that account?
This actually happened. A banker had placed an “X” on the signature card in between JTWROS and JTWOROS. In this informative program, you will learn that your signature cards are a legacy that you leave the bank for many years to come. How a signature is set up can impact your customer’s FDIC coverage. It is critical that bankers clearly understand ownership, titling, and access under your signature card contract. If you do not, then the bank will have potential liability. This is a “must attend” webinar in order to learn more about risks, liability, and losses that can occur due to signature card contracts. And, most importantly, how to avoid these issues!
This webinar is a cost effective way to train those who open new accounts on the potential liability of signature cards that are improperly set up. You man train as many individuals as you like for one set price.
What You’ll Learn
- Understanding the five major components of a signature card
- What are the “big three” and what happens when they don’t match
- Losses, liability and what went wrong in cases where banks lost big money
- Dealing with signature card changes: white out, crossed out, etc.
- Looking for key signature card issues: offset, how to close accounts, etc.
- How a signature card set-up can cause your customer to be uninsured by the FDIC
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for customer service representatives, branch administration, branch managers, tellers, training and development staff, compliance personnel, and anyone who handles customer accounts.
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 35+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
$279 Includes: Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85