Ten Ways Your Tellers Can Prevent Check Fraud
We are all experiencing incredible check fraud. What can our tellers do to help prevent the crimes?
During this program we will discuss components of a check, common check scams, how to detect fraudulent checks, and much much more.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify check fraud
- How to refuse a check
- How to place a hold on a check
- Understanding routing numbers, components of a check
- Understand endorsements
- Learn when to refer the situation to BSA
- 10 Simple rules to save you on check fraud
- Who takes the loss on a check
Who Should Attend?
Tellers, New Accounts, Branch Managers, Deposit Operations, Bookkeeping, and Training.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 35+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person