WBA Internal Audit Workshop
The WBA Internal Audit Workshop will take place on November 2 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association Office in Madison. The Workshop will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:00 p.m.
If you are new to bank internal auditing or considering joining your internal department and looking for a course that will help you in your career path, this course will provide you with a strong groundwork. You will learn the importance of this function in your financial institution and gain a basic understanding of how to conduct an internal audit.
- Understand Internal Auditing, regulatory requirements and its purpose in your financial institution
- Understand the importance of independence of the Internal Audit Function
- Review of a basic internal audit risk assessment and audit plan
- Practical application of the internal audit through use of internal audit programs and toolkits
- What is Internal Audit? Basic discussion of the process and performance standards
- The need for an independent internal audit
- Internal Audit Risk Assessment: the basics
- Conducting the internal audit: from preparing to reporting
Janice Harden, is a CPA and an internal audit manager in Wipfli’s risk advisory services practice, with a focus on financial institutions and other regulated industries. She has 15 years of internal and external audit experience in public and private organizations and works with financial institutions to perform internal audits, evaluate operational controls, and help to mitigate risk. Harden is also able to perform external quality assurance reviews.
The registration fee of $245 includes program registration, instruction and materials, refreshment breaks, and lunch.
A refund, less a $25 administrative fee, is provided for cancellations requested on or before October 27.