The BIGG (Bankers Involved with Grassroots and Government) Award is the Association’s highest level of recognition for advocacy by our member banks. In order to receive this award, banks must complete five out of seven criteria.
Thank You, 2022 BIGG Recipients!
WBA has announced that 35 institutions had received the BIGG Award for their total involvement in advocacy efforts in 2022.
American National Bank Fox Cities, Associated Bank, Bank Five Nine, Bank of Brodhead, Bank of Sun Prairie, Bank of Wisconsin Dells, Bankers’ Bank, Bristol Morgan Bank, Capitol Bank, Charter Bank, Citizens First Bank, East Wisconsin Savings Bank, First Business Bank, Fortifi Bank, Greenwoods State Bank, Horicon Bank, Ladysmith Federal Savings and Loan Association, MidWest One Bank, Mound City Bank, National Exchange Bank & Trust, Nicolet National Bank, North Shore Bank, Oostburg State Bank, The Park Bank, The Peoples Community Bank, Premier Community Bank, Royal Bank, Security Financial Bank, State Bank of Cross Plains, The Equitable Bank, The Stephenson National Bank & Trust, Town Bank N.A., Unity Bank, Waldo State Bank, and Wolf River Community Bank.
BIGG Award Checklist
To achieve BIGG status, institutions must meet at least five (5) of these seven criteria:
- Have named an Advocacy Officer
- Obtain Gold Triangle award
- Contribute to WBA’s issue advocacy fund
- Have at least one bank employee attend WBA Capitol Day
- Have a member of the bank participate in a Federal delegation meeting or go on a D.C. regulatory trip
- Have the bank hold a Take Your Legislator to Work Day
- Other (e.g. testify on a bill, host a fundraiser, analyze legislation, etc.)