Make sure you’re not on mute! Speak up (virtually) for Wisconsin’s banking industry!
The events of the past year have shown how integral banks are in keeping their communities afloat, so Wisconsin bankers joined together to make sure elected representatives understand that by attending the 2021 WBA Capitol Day and telling their stories. Very few legislators have experience in banking, and it’s critical for bankers to build relationships with legislators to show them how public policy impacts a bank’s ability to aid in the economic growth and vitality of its community.
The 2021 Capitol Day was virtual and held in two parts: a large-group kickoff on May 11, and individual meetings with legislators. As part of Capitol Day, attendees:
- Connected with legislators to share the positive impact bankers are having on Wisconsin businesses, communities, and the economy.
- Provided legislators with a call-to-action on how they can help your bank and the industry as a whole.
- Heard from State Assembly and Senate leaders as they provided updates on the 2021-22 legislative session and political dynamics.
- Received a WBA Government Relations update with a rundown of our progress on accomplishing our legislative agenda.
Agenda - May 11, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. CT
- Legislative speakers address the group
- Legislative update, issue discussion
- Update from WBA leadership
- Closing remarks
For a recording of the large-group kickoff, please email WBA's John Cronin.
May 11 and the following week
Individual meetings were held statewide between legislators and bankers in their constituency.
WBA matched bankers with their local legislators and provided a packet on how to connect with legislators, along with talking points and background information on each relevant discussion topic.