A to Z on Endorsements
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Who is entitled to endorse the check?
- What is a valid endorsement?
- Bearer versus order checks
- Who is the holder of a check, and what is the holder in due course?
- Ambiguous endorsements
- Endorsements for minors, deceased parties, business accounts
- Witnessed endorsements
- Check cashing issues for business accounts
- Endorsements on income tax checks
- Trustee and power of attorney endorsements
- The connections between checks and account agreements – if you have not signed the signature card, you cannot get the money
- Postdated, stale dated, erasures, alterations, and more
- Why your institution needs to know about the negligence rule and the bank statements rule
- When there is no endorsement, should the check be sent back as “missing”?
- Treasury checks, postal money orders, and other special checks
- Checks made payable to a business – why you absolutely do not give cash back, cash, or deposit into personal accounts
Understanding endorsements and checks is crucial to making sound check-cashing decisions. This program will look at who has the right to endorse a check and the proper placement. What happens if a check is not endorsed properly? When is it best not to accept a check at all due to missing or problem endorsements? Why can’t business checks be put into personal accounts? Why is “less cash” not given on business accounts? Many tricky issues will be discussed, such as deceased accountholders, business accounts, endorsements for minors, income tax check endorsements, trustee endorsements, and endorsements by powers of attorney. Join us to learn the safe way to handle checks and ensure that you and your financial institution can be protected from loss on the negotiable instruments. You will not want to miss this webinar!
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit tellers, head tellers, cashiers, managers, branch operations staff, bookkeepers, compliance officers who approve checks, and deposit staff who work with checks and accounts.
- Teller handbook
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah Crawford — Gettechnical Inc.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download