This three-day school was developed as an intermediate-level school. Case studies, in-class work, class discussions, and a farm visit are all elements of this school.
The 2019 Agricultural Lending School will be held July 31 - Aug. 2 at the Grand Lodge Hotel & Waterpark in Wausau/Rothschild. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday and conclude at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
An optional pre-school workshop has been added on July 30, 2019. This optional workshop is geared towards those ag lenders and credit analysts who would like to strengthen their foundational knowledge of ag financial statements, the 6 C’s of Credit and look at some initial ratios. The 3-day school curriculum is based on attendees having an intermediate-level knowledge of these topics. If you’d like a refresher or to reinforce your ag financial statement knowledge, sign up to attend this optional workshop.
3-Day School Curriculum Includes:
- “Lender’s Lens” on Agriculture Today
- Cyclical Nature of Agriculture
- Borrower and Lender Relationship – What makes a good borrower? What makes a good lender?
- Agricultural Financial Statements – a focus on analyzing statements
- Farm Business Financial Model for Informed Decisions
- Being Accurate
- Handling the Pits and Potholes of financial statements
- Financial and Credit Analysis
- Credit Structuring
- Building Business Resiliency
- Futures, Options, Contracts, Basis, Margin Calls – What is Commodity Marketing?
- Credit Enhancements
- Loan Narrative
- Introduction to Problem Loans, Looking for Red Flags
- Bank Policy
- Case Study: A comprehensive case study intended to draw all the elements of the curriculum together in a practical exercise
Optional Pre-School Workshop Curriculum Includes:
- Farm Business Financial Model for Informed Decisions – a focus on the building of financial statements
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Statement of Cash Flows
- The Building Blocks for Credit Decision Making – the 6 C's of Credit
Who Should Attend:
This school is designed for ag lenders with a few years of experience, or for those lenders who would like a refresher. Credit analysts, processors and other ag lending staff will also benefit. Those attendees with less than two years of experience should consider registering to attend the optional pre-school workshop on July 30, 2019.
The student fee of $895 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and most meals. Registration for the optional workshop can be added for an additional $200/attendee. Lodging is available for an additional $100/night. Early registration is recommended. Enrollment limit: 30
Click Register for additional school information and the school schedule, and to register online.