Call Report Preparation: Avoiding Common Errors
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Identify commonly misreported Call Report line items and ensure the accuracy of key items
- Understand the Call Report schedules that receive the most regulatory scrutiny and get tips for avoiding mistakes
- Recognize the relationships between schedules to ensure consistency throughout the Call Report
- Avoid common mistakes in reporting loans, both in Schedule RC-C and for regulatory capital in Schedule RC-R
- Establish best practices for Call Report audit and review
With regulatory reporting receiving increased scrutiny from regulators, auditors, investors, and others, it is imperative that the Call Report be accurately prepared. Regulators use Call Report data for offsite monitoring and to evaluate many aspects of the bank’s condition and operations. This session will focus on areas and individual line items within the Call Report that are commonly misreported and that could ultimately lead to greater regulatory scrutiny. The session will highlight key relationships between items and tips for ensuring the consistency and accuracy of Call Report schedules. Best practices for the audit and review process of the Call Report will also be addressed.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Call Report preparers and reviewers, including CFOs, controllers, internal auditors, accounting and operations personnel, and others responsible for ensuring the accuracy of quarterly Call Report submissions.
- PDF booklet of relevant accounting and regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Michael Gordon, CPA — Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC
Michael Gordon is a CPA and partner in the Atlanta office of Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC. He received his bachelor’s in European History and Economics in 2003 from Vanderbilt University and received his MBA with a concentration in Accounting in 2005 from the Georgia Institute of Technology Scheller College of Business. Since joining Mauldin & Jenkins in 2005, he has focused on financial institution audits and employee benefit plans. Gordon also has experience with HUD and governmental entity audits. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download