Commercial Lending: Risks, Rewards, Controls, & Common Mistakes
What You’ll Learn
- Know the nine steps in the Commercial Lending process financial institutions should follow to obtain the desired type of borrower’s financial institutions seek
- Understand the unique risks involved in Commercial Lending that are not found in other forms of lending
- Understand the impact of Commercial Lending to financial institutions and how it can be beneficial to all financial institutions
- Understand the impact of Commercial Lending to the national, state, and local economies and why the regulators encourage financial institutions to support individuals and small companies
- Know the common mistakes lenders are prone to make during the underwriting and decision-making process of commercial loans
Who Should Attend?
Credit Analysis, Branch Managers, Consumer Lenders, Commercial Lenders, Loan Review Personnel, Senior Loan Officers, Senior Credit Officers, and Credit Administration Personnel.
Jeffery W. Johnson started his career with SunTrust Bank in Atlanta as a Management Trainee and progressed to Vice President and Senior Lender of SouthTrust Bank and Senior Vice President and Commercial Banking Division Manager for Citizens Trust Bank of Atlanta.
Most of his career has been spent in Credit Administration, Lending, Business Development, Loan Review, Management, and Training & Development. He has managed loan portfolios representing a cross section of loan types including: Large Corporate, High Net Worth Individual, Middle Market Companies, Small Business, Real Estate and Non-Profit Organizations.
Mr. Johnson is now a training professional in the financial industry by leading various seminars covering important topics relating to issues in financial institutions. He teaches actively for fifteen state banking associations in the United States, Risk Management Association (RMA) and individual financial institutions nationwide. He co-authored a training course entitled “Lending to Service and Other Professional Organizations” for RMA in 2001.
Mr. Johnson earned a B.A. Degree in Accounting from Morehouse College in Atlanta; a MBA in Finance from John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio; Banking diploma from Prochnow School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin and a Graduate Certificate in Bank Management from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person