Commercial Loan Annual Credit Review Best Practices
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Create a targeted plan of attack to accomplish meaningful annual loan review, even with limited resources
- Determine risk factors within the institution’s loan portfolio that will drive credit selection in loan review
- Differentiate between periodic loan review conducted as part of loan portfolio management and independent loan review
- Make more informed decisions regarding credit origination in terms of risk and asset quality that are properly identified through a meaningful loan review process
- Satisfy agency expectations for the ongoing monitoring of loan portfolio quality
Over the course of 2023, the prime rate of interest increased by 5.25%, an unprecedented increase in borrowing costs over a relatively short period of time. Consumer loan delinquency has risen significantly and revolving consumer debt is at an all-time high. Commercial real estate delinquency (excluding farm loans) increased by over 25% in the period between third quarter 2022 and second quarter 2023. Regardless of the direction of interest rates or current delinquency trends, a sound, meaningful approach to periodic loan review is a crucial component of loan portfolio management.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all levels of the credit and loan function, from new credit analysts to seasoned veterans. The material will be presented in a way that is understandable for those new to credit, while still providing helpful insight to those responsible for the loan portfolio, including the chief credit officer, chief lending officer, and others involved in loan portfolio management.
- A sample tiered approach will be provided which can reduce pressure on FTE resources to conduct annual loan review while still maintaining adequate, meaningful loan review coverage
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Presenter Bio: Aaron Lewis
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download