Consumer Real Estate Appraisal Reviews
Appraisals are a key element of any loan decision because they depict the market valuation at the time of the loan. Both safety and soundness and compliance examiners are carefully scrutinizing appraisal processes — from policies, to procedures, to independent ordering, to appraisal reviews, and more. Are your policies and procedures up to date? How will they stack up to the examiners’ expectations?
After This Webinar You’ll be Able to:
- Understand the appraisal rule and USPAP requirements
- Determine examiners’ expectations for your appraisal policy and review process
- Distinguish when a full appraisal is required versus an evaluation
- Implement a strong appraisal review process for real estate appraisals
- Identify potential fair lending issues and bias in appraisals and AVMs
- Utilize provided tools to thoroughly review a real estate appraisal
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan operations staff, compliance officers, and anyone responsible for ordering and reviewing appraisals.
- Real estate appraisal checklist
- Real estate appraisal review checklist
- Sample real estate evaluation
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has over 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Kincaid served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized the implementation of new products and services.
Kincaid has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
$279 – Live Webinar Access
$279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
$379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download