CTR Line-by-Line: Accuracy & Insight
Garner CTR acumen and expertise with this line-by-line look at the form.
Do you understand aggregation and know when to use “unknown”? Learn more about FinCEN’s requirements and guidance. This detailed review will bring you newfound insight, increase reporting accuracy, and ensure compliance.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand the difference between aggregate and multiple transactions
- Know the two options for reporting transactions of a sole proprietorship
- Explain when separate transactions should be aggregated
- Distinguish between when “unknown” should and should not be used
- Report multiple cash-in and cash-out transactions on a single CTR
Whether you are new to CTRs or have some experience, little nuances and off-pattern scenarios can cause confusion. This webinar will guide you through the report process by explaining each section, incorporating FinCEN’s own instructions, FAQs, and guidance. Accurately completing the CTR not only provides vital information for law enforcement, but also keeps your institution out of trouble with the regulators. Join us to gain valuable insights into the CTR reporting process.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for BSA staff, anyone responsible for any aspect of CTR reporting, branch management, compliance personnel, and auditors.
- Sample CTR reporting policy
- CTR cheat sheet
- Internet links to helpful resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mary-Lou Heighes – Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 30 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download