In this webinar, we’ll discuss the mechanics of establishing and maintaining escrow accounts, as well as in what situations escrows must be maintained.
There are several lending laws and regulations out there that require escrowing of taxes, insurance, and similar fees. And not only are there rules that require escrows, RESPA then mandates the accounting for the escrow be maintained pursuant to specific rules. In this webinar we’ll discuss the mechanics of establishing and maintaining escrow accounts, as well as in what situations escrows must be maintained.
In addition, there are several exceptions in the rules where small servicers are exempt from maintaining escrows if certain requirements are met.
- Escrowing under flood insurance rules – when escrow must be maintained, as well as notices
- Reg. Z escrow rules – HPML rules that mandate escrow accounts, plus opt-out possibilities
- RESPA requirements – what is an escrow account?
- Can we maintain a “voluntary escrow” and avoid the RESPA requirements?
- Calculating the initial deposit into the escrow account – aggregate accounting rules
- How to complete initial and final disclosures with escrow information
- Required notices and statements – initial, annual, and short-year
- The 3 documents that must be sent each escrow accounting year
- Dealing with surpluses, shortages, and deficiencies
Continuing Education Credit Information
Escrows has been approved for 2.5 CRCM credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. For questions on certificates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Certification holders must report these credits at https://aba.csod.com.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone on the residential mortgage side of the business who is responsible for establishing or maintaining escrows, attorneys, closing agents, loan officers, compliance officers, auditors, testers, and management will all benefit from the information in this webinar.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant LLC in Washington, D.C. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $299
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $120
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $150
- Additional Live Access + $95 per person