Fighting Fraud: Recognizing Red Flags & Assisting Accountholders
Scam… another rotten four-letter word. Too many accountholders fall victim to various scams and fraud schemes. Do you know how to help them? What are your procedures and reporting requirements? Can you spot red flags? This must-attend webinar will teach you about procedural best practices for responding to fraud and suspected identity theft and when, how, and to whom to report fraud.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able to:
- Identify red flags for fraud and scams facing your financial institution and your accountholders
- Recognize counterfeit checks before they become check fraud losses
- Discuss risk management practices and controls
- Implement procedures for employees to report suspected fraud
- Understand reporting requirements and guidance of the BSA, FTC, and more
Accountholders continue to fall victim to the ever-evolving scams and schemes targeting them daily. “You’ve won a foreign lottery!” “Get paid big money to work from home!” “You qualify for a $50,000 LOC; just pay $8,000 in closing costs!” You’ve likely heard it all! This session will address the latest scams consumers face and how to recognize the red flags. It will walk through the process of identifying fraud and talking to accountholders when you believe they’ve fallen victim to a con. Tools and resources will be provided to make those conversations go a little easier.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed at frontline staff, branch managers, operations personnel, fraud officers, risk managers, BSA officers, and compliance officers.
- Sample suspicious activity incident report
- Red flags for hot button fraud areas
- Fraud prevention checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Meet the Presenter: Dawn Kincaid – Brode Consulting Services Inc
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has over 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Kincaid served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized the implementation of new products and services.
Kincaid has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download