Successful Skip Tracing Techniques for Locating Borrowers & Recovering Collateral
Do you have a few “lost” borrowers that you would love to find? It is well-known that there are two types of skips: those that can’t be found and those that don’t want to be found. Do you know the difference? What do you do? How much time do you spend attempting to locate past due borrowers? Sometimes all you need is that little extra tidbit or guidance. Well, here it is!
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Implement a better method of skip tracing
- Maximize in-house information gathering
- Avoid privacy issues and landmines
- Utilize friends, family, and ex-spouses
- Discover hidden internet resources
- Appreciate private detectives, repo ninjas, and other secrets
- Uncover subscription service gems
Things are beginning to cool off in the economy and heat up in collections. Now is the time to get in touch with many of your borrowers again. The good news is, you will have a fresh start at establishing a positive relationship. The bad news? You won’t be able to find many of them. Between address changes, job changes, phone service changes, and other life shifts, prior communication methods may no longer work.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for collections managers, collections staff, BSA and security staff, fraud investigators, skip tracers, collateral specialists, asset recovery specialists, and anyone interested in honing their skip tracing skills.
- Skip tracing checklist
- Inventory of skip tracing resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
ABOUT THE PRESENTER — David A. Reed, JD Reed & Jolly, PLLC
Attorney, author, consultant, and nationally-recognized speaker, David Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed & Jolly, PLLC. He provides guidance to financial institutions on establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters, and corporate governance. His engaging speaking style has made him a nationwide lecturer on regulatory compliance, consumer lending, bankruptcy, and collections.
A former trial attorney and vice president and general counsel of a large regional financial institution, Reed is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is particularly known as an expert in the areas of operations, bankruptcy, and collections. He has trained state and federal examination staff on numerous issues, including BSA, ID theft red flags, SAFE Act, third-party contract management, and bankruptcy.
- Live Webinar Access – $279
- On-Demand Access + Digital Download – $279
- Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download – $379