Fundamentals of Commercial Lending 101 Online Workshop
The following online workshops are available from Wisconsin Bankers Association, in partnership with several other state bankers associations. Each session will include bankers attending from all parts of the country!
Fundamentals of Commercial Lending 101
Presented live on Thursday, February 22, 2024 from 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. CT. The Fundamentals of Commercial Lending 201: Analyzing Repayment Sources session will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2024.
Commercial banking can be intimidating because of its complexity and the risk-oriented nature of the work. These courses are a clear and thorough introduction to the key concepts, terminology, and processes involved in credit and lending. They don’t assume much prior knowledge of the topic, so it’s ideal for those in their first year in the industry. Learners will walk away with a clear understanding of their job and how their specific role fits into the bank’s overall profitability goals.
Who Should Attend?
New credit analysts, lenders, portfolio managers, underwriters, and bankers who don’t do credit analysis but need a working knowledge of the process. This may include statement spreaders, loan processors and closers, treasury management associates, administrative support for credit or lending officers, branch managers, and interns.
Online Seminar Topics Include:
- Identifying and managing risk
- Working capital financing
- Real estate and capital expenditures
- Start-ups, buyouts, bridge loans, and losses
- Life cycle state of your borrower
- Analyzing quality of management
- Balance sheet: liquidity and leverage
- Income statement: margins and coverage
- How loan pricing really works
- Tenor and amortization
- Analyzing your collateral
- The value of guarantees
- Loan documentation
- Understanding “expected loss”
- Asset performance and loan loss provisions
- Internal relationships
- A day in the life of a credit analyst
The registration fee of $250/connection for each session includes one zoom meeting log-in and session materials. The zoom connection details and information will be shared one or two days prior to the live webinar.