Properly setting up accounts for interest reporting is an important step when opening an account. Missteps, mistakes, and mismatches can be very expensive. Learn best practices for managing mismatches and increasing accuracy with W-9s and W-8BENs.
IRS reporting begins at account set up. From new accounts to bookkeeping, improper procedures can result in thousands of dollars in IRS fines on interest reporting and liability. This program will teach you how to set up accounts for tax reporting. Learn how to work the mismatches so you don’t get fined. This is a must-attend program for the frontline and the back-of-the-house staff who manage the mismatches and CP2100 reports and B notices.
- Properly set up accounts for interest reporting (W-9s and W-8BENs)
- Respond to CP2100 with proper B notices
- Understand how the IRS reads names and sets controls
- Discuss how frontline procedures can cost big in the back-of-the-house operations
- Manage disregarded entities such as LLCs
- Identify who uses SSN or EIN on sole proprietors
- Handle accountholder marriages or divorces
- Report interest for nonresident aliens
- Withholding supplement
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This jam-packed webinar will benefit deposit operations, deposit compliance, bookkeeping, branch administration, new accounts, branch managers, trainers, and all branch staff.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Deborah Crawford, Gettechnical Inc.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia/Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax