HMDA Part 1: Application Basics
How do you know if a loan application is covered by HMDA? Part 1 of this three-part series will focus on HMDA applications, including how to define them, dwelling types, using HMDA resources, demographic information requirements, components of a completed application, and more!
After This Webinar You’ll be Able To:
- Determine if an application will be covered by HMDA using a simple four-step process to define loan purpose, dwelling security interest, extensions of credit, and exclusions
- Effectively use HMDA resources from the CFPB
- Define various types of dwellings that will trigger a HMDA application
- Explain the need to collect applicants’ demographic information
- Understand the elements of a completed application
The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requires financial institutions to collect and report data related to certain applications secured by a dwelling. Reporting mistakes can result in civil money penalties and regulatory headaches. Join this fast-paced session that outlines the basic rules for identifying potential HMDA applications, provides effective training for new employees, and reinforces the importance of “getting it right” for lending staff. Attend all the webinars in this three-part series to gain a broader understanding of HMDA applications, demographic collection, and commercial loans.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all employees who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
- HMDA flowchart and checklists
- CFPB resource links
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Presenter: Susan Costonis, CRCM – Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Costonis has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download