Loan Documentation 101: 2 Part Series
This is a 2 part series. The prices below are including both sessions. Each session can also be attended individually by clicking on the links below.
- Loan Documentation 101: Basic Secured Loan Documentation
- Loan Documentation 101: Lien Perfection, Business Collateral
Loan Documentation 101: Basic Secured Loan Documentation
September 21, 2022, 1:30 pm CDT
- Learn about basic loan documentation principles and practices under Revised Article 9 for collateral.
What You’ll Learn
- Loan applications and financial statements
- Loan committee memos and presentations
- Lien document
- Lien perfection including UCC-1 and other filing requirements
- Lien searches and title verification documents
- Promissory notes
- Authorization documentation for all kinds of borrowers
- Insurance on collateral and key persons
Loan Documentation 101: Lien Perfection, Business Collateral
September 22, 2022, 10:00 am CDT
- Learn about specific classifications of collateral and language description requirements for UCC-1s and security agreements.
What You’ll Learn
- Letter of credit rights
- Government contracts
- Chattel paper
- General intangibles
- Commercial tort claims
Robin Russell has practiced law for 30 years and is licensed in Texas, New York, and Massachusetts. She is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and of the American Law Institute. She combines a depth of experience in bankruptcy restructuring and litigation with financial transactions. She has represented corporate debtors, independent directors, liquidating trustees, bondholders, unsecured creditors’ committees, bank groups, private equity funds, landlords, trade creditors, and bidders for estate assets in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. She has also represented banks, institutional lenders, and corporate borrowers in commercial loan transactions and debt restructurings.
Russell is the principal author of Thomson Reuters’ Texas Practice Guides for both Creditors’ Rights and Financial Transactions and the Texas Bankers Association’s Texas Secured Lending Guide, Texas Problem Loan Guide, Texas Real Estate Lending Guide, and Texas Account Documentation Guide. She is a frequent speaker on banking, bankruptcy, and financial restructuring-related topics and has served as a Chapter 7 Trustee. Russell received her LL.M. in Banking Law from Boston University and her J.D. from Baylor University where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review and the highest-ranking graduate in her class. She clerked for the Texas Supreme Court before beginning her legal career.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $509
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $190
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $250
- Additional Live Access + $150 per person