Robberies occur every day. Your best defense is to have a plan and practice that plan. In this session, we will discuss methods of robbery prevention, including policies and physical security, as well as robbery response. Best practices for safely opening and closing your facilities will be covered, and you will hear what robbers are looking for in their own words. Additionally, we will examine current cases to extract what went wrong/right. Attendees will learn life-saving personal safety tips and discover the importance of situational awareness.
- Making your location more attractive to customers and less attractive to criminals
- Physical security measures to reduce your risk
- Safe opening procedures
- Considerations at closing time
- Examination of recent cases of robbery/kidnapping
- Protecting you, your employees, and your family
- Bank robbers: in their own words
- Responding to different types of robberies
- Latest robbery statistics
- The high cost of complacency
- Morning glory robberies
- Proven methods of prevention
- Are you putting yourself at risk?
- Habits that endanger
Who Should Attend:
Any branch personnel who could be involved in a robbery.
Carol Dodgen is the owner of Dodgen Security Consulting, LLC. Since 1998, her company has been providing services for financial institutions, government entities, and businesses to include training, ATM lighting inspections, and vulnerability assessments. Before forming her company, Carol served as the security training officer for Compass Bank. She earned her Master's Degree in Criminal Justice and spent several years as an adjunct criminal justice instructor with Jacksonville State University.
Carol is a nationally recognized speaker who has provided training for over 80,000 corporate, manufacturing, law enforcement, and security personnel over the past 24 years. Carol earned her CPD (Crime Prevention Designation) and in 2011, she was selected as a presenter on Workplace Violence at the ASIS International Conference.
Carol is a current member and past chapter president of the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS), a member of the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES), the IES Security Lighting Committee, and a past board member of the Alabama Women in Business. In 2009, Carol was appointed by the governor to serve on the newly formed Alabama Security Regulatory Board and served for 6 years as vice-chair of this board which regulates the security guard industry in the state.
If you are unable to attend the webinar but would like to have this information for training purposes, you may also purchase an OnDemand website link and/or CD-ROM.
- “Live” Web connection: $265
- Additional connection for a branch: $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only: $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only: $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link: $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus: $395