The Role of Board Secretary
The board secretary’s dynamic role is critical. It involves and affects administration of corporate governance, director liability, communication with directors and management, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, compliance issues, and more.
This session will provide the information and tools needed to be a successful board secretary. It will review responsibilities and provide best practices to enhance administration of corporate governance, including establishing an agenda, delivering the board package, scribing contemporaneous meeting notes, and documenting the details in the official minutes. We will also review best practices for documenting “healthy debate” and discussion that may occur during a board meeting. We will provide guidance and tips for becoming more effective and efficient, and provide tools to facilitate success.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the responsibilities of a Board Secretary
- Appropriately Document board oversight of your institution’s risk management program
- Efficiently Prepare for the agendas and board package for our next board meeting
- Track items for board review
- Craft board minutes with the needed details
- Understand the benefits of electronic board packages
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, executive assistants, senior management, and directors to aid in their roles.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 19 years of experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently, Kincaid served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized the implementation of new products and services. Kincaid has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits, and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person