Reg CC Update, Review, RDC & Reg D
When it comes to consumer transactions, Reg CC is queen. Consumers bring every imaginable type of transaction and/or scenario to their financial institutions. Reg CC governs the lion’s share — and hence is correspondingly complicated. This straightforward webinar will provide the in-depth knowledge you need to get it right every time.
- Purpose of the regulations
- What is a transaction account?
- Availability schedules
- Business versus banking days, transaction accounts, and more definitions
- How to count days and place holds
- Next-day items versus other checks
- Case-by-case holds
- Exception holds
- Hold notices and how to complete them
- New accounts exception
- Common hold errors
- Remote deposit capture liabilities on mobile deposits
- Reg D: understanding checking, savings, and time deposits
This webinar will look at the effects of Regulations CC and D on products. Reg CC governs the availability of funds for transaction accounts and check holds. Passed in 1988, it continues to be one of the toughest compliance problems for financial institutions. Can a hold be placed on a cashier’s check? How many days can checks be held on a new account? Does this apply to business accounts? Does the hold have to be given while the accountholder is there, or can it be mailed later? These questions and more will be addressed in this easy-to-follow webinar. It will also look at the proposed changes, including the new disclosure format and new teller hold notices.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit all tellers, teller managers, cashiers, service representatives, back-of-house operations, branch managers, and compliance officers.
- Regulation CC handbook
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah Crawford — Gettechnical Inc.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Crawford specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download