The Top 10 Credit Risks in Agricultural Lending
Although ag lending has its share of challenges, this recent relatively good stretch is a great time to review risks and credit practices — before anything goes south.
This timely topic will plow through the top 10 credit risks and allow you to provide seed questions in advance. Join us to learn more about how to harvest the opportunities of ag lending.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able to:
- Understand the national and global drivers of the ag economy in 2024
- Identify the top 10 credit risks in agricultural lending
- Define the management skills necessary to succeed in managing an agricultural enterprise
- Explore the importance of stress testing your agricultural borrowers and agricultural portfolio
- Calculate basic cash-to-accrual adjustments
- Assist borrowers in completing thorough, accurate financial statements
- Estimate realistic family living expenses
The past few years have been relatively good years for agriculture. Yields have been good; strong prices and higher income have allowed agricultural producers to reduce debt. Although good times do not last forever, they are the best opportunity to review and strengthen credit practices so there are no surprises when the next downturn occurs.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is for all senior lending officers, loan officers, and credit analysts that are involved in agricultural lending or are interested in expanding into agricultural lending.
- Cash-to-accrual Excel worksheet
- Stress test Excel worksheet
- Family living analysis
- Ag resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert L. Viering – RiverPointUSA, LLC
Bob Viering brings over 35 years of banking experience to RiverPointUSA, where he concentrates on management and board planning activities, such as strategic, capital, and succession planning, de novo bank formation, assisting with managing regulatory agreements, loan review, and credit process assessment. He has served as a bank director and was an independent member of a bank’s audit committee.
Prior to becoming a consultant, Viering was a de novo bank organizer responsible for all regulatory filings, planning, recruiting, and also serving as CEO. He has been an advisor for other de novo bank formations. Earlier in his career, Viering held various management positions with large and regional banks, including market president and regional credit officer. In addition, he has managed deposit and loan operations groups and was a lender to local, regional, and international businesses. He has also served as a board member of state and national trade associations.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download