Three Key Risk Assessments in Your ERM Program: ERM, IT and Internal Controls
The presenter will first conduct a basic review of what is ERM, the three key phases of ERM, and how Risk Assessments fit in. Then the presenter will explain how the Risk Assessment Process works and will specifically focus on three key Risk Assessments you must have as critical components of your ERM Program: the Enterprise Risk Management Risk Assessment, Information Technology Risk Assessment, and the Internal Controls Risk Assessment. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
This webinar is for participants who have a basic foundational knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and are looking for specific examples on how to complete these three important Risk Assessments. The presenter will focus on how COVID-19 impacted each risk category — including a new COVID-19 Risk Assessment, the consequences, and mitigating and monitoring tools banks can use to mitigate the effects of the Pandemic now and going forward.
- ERM quick overview and key definitions
- Three Key Phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
- The Risk Assessment Process
- ERM Risk Assessment– Complete example
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- Information Technology Risk Assessment
- Definitions o Areas Assessed
- Categories Included
- IT Risk Assessment – Complete example
- How COVID-19 affected IT Security and Cyber Risk
- Internal Controls Risk Assessment
- Areas Assessed
- Categories Included
- Internal Controls Risk Assessment – Complete example
- How COVID-19 affected Internal Controls, Processes, and Procedures
Who should attend
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers and Risk Leaders, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Internal Auditors, and the entire risk management team.
Marcia “Marci” Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community financial institution management consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, treasury management, talent management, and EOS’ Implementation.
Malzahn has 30 years of banking experience, ten of those years as the EVP/CFO and COO of a community bank she co-founded where she oversaw all areas of operations. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Malzahn created and focused on the bank’s enterprise risk management program.
Malzahn is the recipient of several professional awards, is a published author of four books, and an international bilingual keynote speaker, speaking frequently at banking and credit union conferences and associations as well as leadership and women’s conferences. As a Certified Virtual Presenter, Malzahn also provides online and onsite training for financial institutions.
Malzahn is a certified life coach, holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University, and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person