Many organizations leverage a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to manage their IT infrastructure, often providing more expertise while saving some cost. But when it comes to protecting data, the term “cybersecurity” can mean different things to different organizations.
The goals of Information Technology (convenience and availability) are far different than the goals of Information Security (protection and loss prevention).
What You’ll Learn
- Information Technology vs. Information Security
- Types of Managed Services Providers
- Traditional Vendor Management of MSPs
- Modern Vendor Management of MSPs
- Characteristics of a Good MSP Partnership
- Questions to ask before hiring an MSP
Who Should Attend
Information Security Officers, IT Managers, Risk Officers, Internal Auditors, and Executives looking to understand the risk of Vendor Relationships should take this course.
John Helland is an Information Security Consultant at SBS CyberSecurity (SBS), a company dedicated to helping organizations identify and understand cybersecurity risks to make more informed and proactive decisions. Helland maintains Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Banking Security Manager (CBSM), Certified Banking Vendor Manager (CBVM), and Certified Banking Business Continuity Professional (CBBCP) certifications. He received a degree in Network Security and Administration from Dakota State University. Helland joined the SBS team in 2021, bringing over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He specializes in information security management and bridging the gap between information technology and information security. Helland is passionate about making a difference for his clients and co-workers by providing valuable contributions, making well-informed decisions, and advocating for the best path forward for the project they are collaborating on.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person