UDAAP & Debt Collection
UDAAP can present risk in all four corners of your institution. Do you know what counts as an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice? How does it affect your collection department and deposit accounts? Attend this deep dive into the UDAAP world and learn to sidestep the risks.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice (UDAAP)
- Know how UDAAP applies to deposit accounts, marketing products, and services
- Avoid UDAAP when collecting consumer debts
- Take steps to reduce your institution’s UDAAP risk
Join this in-depth discussion of the CFPB’s prohibition against unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices, where participants will learn how to identify these elements. It will address how UDAAP can apply to every product, service, department, and employee of your institution. Besides providing up-to-the-minute guidance, this webinar will go into detail about avoiding UDAAP when collecting consumer debts. Regulatory compliance counsel Michael Christians will provide steps to reduce your institution’s UDAAP risk.
Who Should Attend?
This jam-packed session will highly benefit operations staff, new accounts personnel, lenders, marketers, support staff, compliance professionals, auditors, and management.
- UDAAP desktop reference guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Michael Christians, JD – Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Christians assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes, and offers customized education and training services.
Christians has more than two decades of experience in the financial services industry with a primary focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download