Workout & Liquidation of an SBA Loan
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Develop an action plan upon learning a borrower is in trouble
- Distinguish between the steps to take for loans sold on the secondary market versus loans held by the lender
- Determine when to work with borrowers and when to move straight to liquidation or litigation
- Understand the various packages to be submitted to the SBA to have your guaranty honored and the loan charged off
- Explain the top reasons why lenders have their SBA guaranty repaired or denied and what lenders should be doing leading up to and after they receive a repair or denial from the SBA
The detailed, complex procedures for servicing and liquidating SBA loans can be unwieldy. Lenders may be required to take steps they don’t ordinarily take with conventional loans to ensure the validity of the government guaranty Even when lenders have made all the right decisions regarding the servicing and liquidation of a loan in default, their documentation may be insufficient and not in accordance with SBA requirements. Often these mistakes don’t come to light until the SBA denies a guaranty purchase request or penalizes a lender with a repair to its guaranty. From the post-default site visit, through the wrap-up report and charge off, this webinar will explore how to properly handle a workout or liquidation of an SBA loan in default.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for those who deal directly with loan servicing and the special assets department, loan officers, loan closers, administrators, and executives wanting a deeper understanding of the SBA loan programs and servicing and liquidation of SBA loans going into default.
- 7(a) Guaranty Purchase Package
- SBA Litigation Plan Form
- Offer In Compromise Tabs
- Care and Preservation of Collateral Tabs
- 7(a) Servicing and Liquidation Actions Lender Matrix
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Lyndsay Rowland – STARFIELD & SMITH, PC
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download