IRA Basic and Advanced – 2 Day Streaming
This 2 day live stream covers everything you need to know about IRAs.
IRA Basic Issues – All Day Streaming
August 15, 2023, 9:00 am CDT
There are very few products at the financial institutions that bring on a feeling of insecurity more than the mention of three letters: I-R-A. What are they? How do we open them? What forms do we use? What if they ask us questions we can’t answer?
What You’ll Learn
- A review of the top 20 terms of IRAs you will hear over and over again
- What forms are used to establish a new IRA Plan vs. what forms to use for different transactions for existing IRA clients?
- Traditional IRAs – contribution limits, deductions and distribution requirements
- Roth IRAs – contribution limits and qualified tax free distributions
- SEP IRAs – employer contribution limits, qualifications and reporting
IRA Advanced Issues – All Day Streaming
August 16, 2023, 9:00 am CDT
Now that many of you have a comfort level with the basics, it’s time to get into the real nitty gritty of IRAs. What’s the difference of moving an IRA from bank to bank and a QP to a bank? Distribution penalty exception prior to age 59.5, mandatory distributions at age 73 and payouts to IRA beneficiaries.
What You’ll Learn
- What is the difference between a Qualified Plan to IRA Rollover vs. an IRA to IRA Rollover?
- When is an IRA to IRA movement considered a Transfer and not a Rollover?
- What distribution codes do we use for pre-59.5 penalty exceptions?
- What IRA owners are affected by the increase in RMD age from 72 to 73?
- How do the three new categories of beneficiaries affect payout options?
- What are the nine biggest mistakes when paying out to a beneficiary?
- When does a non-spouse beneficiary have to take an annual death distribution prior to the 10-year close-out date?
Who Should Attend
Everyone even remotely involved in IRAs at your financial institution including: New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who need this update and are involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of IRAs. Any officer/manager who “oversees” the IRA department and may be responsible for answering IRA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open IRA accounts. Experienced IRA Personnel who like a slower pace workshop to cover all the new changes in a comprehensive manner.
Patrice M Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp founded almost 30 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio. With over 40 years of experience in the financial industry, Konarik has focused her expertise on the retirement account area and after 28 years on the road providing live training nationwide, is now concentrating on providing informational IRA and HSA Webinars through OnCourse Learning / BankWebinars.com. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University and previously held her Certified Financial Planner Designation for 23 years.
Live Stream: Includes access to the recording for 12 months: $1889