Accurately Completing the W-9, W-8BEN, 1099-INT, & 1042-S
As a withholding agent for the IRS, your financial institution is liable if tax withholding is not done properly. This detailed webinar and the supplemental materials provided will contain everything you’ll need to stay in good standing with Uncle Sam!
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Who signs the W-9 and W-8BEN?
- What happens if they are incorrectly completed?
- Who is exempt from backup withholding, W-8BEN withholding, and 1099-INT reporting?
- What are exemption codes and where are they recorded?
- Which countries require collection of W-8BEN information?
- Which countries are exempt?
- What is a TIN Matching with the IRS?
- B Notices for US accountholders
- Common errors and how to avoid them
Who signs the W-9 and W-8BEN? What happens if these forms are not on file? When is backup withholding required? Who is exempt? This webinar will look at frontline to back-office implications of accounts set up incorrectly, the liability of not withholding properly, and who gets interest-reporting on which accounts. Learn more about all types of ownership and tax status to see what is reported to the IRS and what is not.
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, deposit operations staff, branch administration, trainers, new accounts personnel, and bookkeepers.
Take Away Toolkit
- Supplement including all materials referenced in the webinar
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah Crawford — Gettechnical Inc
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Crawford specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download