HMDA Part 3: Commercial Loans
Do you know which commercial loans are subject to HMDA? What are the determining factors? What is a dwelling? What about mixed-use dwellings? Have you had reporting violations? Part 3 of this three-part series will focus on HMDA-related commercial loans, reporting compliance, demographic reporting challenges, and more! Scenarios will be used to illustrate key points.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Identify common reporting problems for commercial loan applications
- Distinguish between covered and excluded applications
- Which structures meet the standard of being a dwelling for HMDA reporting?
- What counts as gross annual income?
- Demographic reporting challenges
- Complexities with mixed-use dwellings which are often used as commercial loan collateral
- Use the CFPB and FFIEC HMDA resources more effectively
- Define the correct loan purpose
- Explain complex HMDA scenarios to lending staff, including new employees
The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) applies to some commercial loans. This webinar will offer a review of the fundamental requirements specific to commercial loan applications, while focusing on the common problem areas that can create reporting violations. Real-life examples and HMDA resources will be referenced to improve training, identify potential reporting errors, and help streamline the process to verify data integrity. Attend all the webinars in this three-part series to gain a broader understanding of HMDA applications, demographic collection, and related commercial loans.
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for all employees who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, commercial loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
Take Away Toolkit
- HMDA flow chart for 2023 activity, including updated CFPB resources
- Tool for gathering demographic Information
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and important reporting tips
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Susan Costonis, CRCM Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download