ACH WSUD vs. Stop Payment: Which Is It?
Which is it? Stop payment? WSUD? Do you know the sometimes-subtle differences? Does each have to be in writing? How should unauthorized ACH transactions be handled? Join this fact-filled webinar to get the answers to these questions and more.
After This Webinar You’ll be Able To:
- Determine whether a stop payment is the best course of action
- Identify how to help consumers under Reg E and the Nacha rules
- Know when to preemptively use a stop payment
- Understand when to reactively fill out a WSUD
- Establish which of the two need to be in writing
- Evaluate what to do with unauthorized ACH transactions
- Recognize what a Proof of Authorization is and how it should be used
Webinar Details: Part of ACH Specialist Series
This webinar will delve into unique nuances of effectively handling ACH stop payment requests and Written Statements of Unauthorized Debit (WSUDs). You will learn common mistakes observed during audits and the documentation required for compliance. Gain practical insights and best practices to avoid pitfalls and streamline procedures to ensure a more efficient resolution process for your financial institution.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for anyone who works with accountholders, whether at the teller window or at a call center, including operations staff, tellers, service representatives, middle management, and compliance staff.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Jennifer A. Miller, UMACHA
Jennifer Miller has 31 years of experience in banking, including 19 in software development and seven at a financial institution. As Senior Director of Services at UMACHA, she is responsible for overseeing electronic payment compliance services and member training programs. She is an experienced cash management professional, with a background of progressive leadership at a financial institution and in software development. Miller is an electronic payment evangelist. She has been on the forefront of many new and innovative ways to make payments – from online banking on a diskette to mobile banking on an app, she’s done it all.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download