Consumer Loan Documentation
Consumer loans are highly detailed. From application to closing, there are mandatory disclosures, timing requirements, documents to be signed, multiple regulations to follow, and more. Get the lay of the land and avoid the landmines with this equally detailed webinar!
After This Webinar You’ll be Able To:
- Recognize what information can and cannot be asked regarding the application process
- Apply Reg B, including the intent to apply jointly and the 30-day decision notification requirements
- Explain credit report usage and disclosure obligations
- Understand the requirements of the Military Lending Act
- Document valuations and policy exceptions
- Identify key regulatory items for auditing consumer loan files
- Recognize examiner-identified UDAAP issues related to consumer loans
Webinar Details: Part of Account & Loan Documentation Series
Sounds simple. The borrower wants a consumer loan. But what disclosures must be given? What are the timing requirements? What must be signed? Even with a loan that is not secured by a mortgage, it’s imperative to get the details right. This program will review what documentation must be gathered and provided to satisfy regulatory compliance requirements from application to closing. Join us to learn how to generate that perfect consumer loan file!
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for new and experienced lenders, loan support staff, loan review personnel, compliance officers, and auditors.
- Consumer loan document checklist
- Sample consumer loan review spreadsheet
- Military Lending Act flowchart
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Molly Stull, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, branch mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Stull has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Stull holds a bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download