Check Returns: Past the Point of Redemption
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Determine the timeframes for returns, adjustments, and breach-of-warranty check claims
- Identify the warranties that a depository institution makes to a paying institution
- Determine the appropriate action to take when a check is past the point of return for various scenarios
Stop! You can’t return that! Though sometimes abused, checks have a limited return timeframe. There is not an extended return window for fraudulent checks or other exception items. So, what do you do if a check is past the point of return? Join us to learn how to handle exception items after the return window has passed. This webinar will define the timeframe for returns and certain adjustment types. It will also look at how the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) warranties come into play, including the warranties that a depository financial institution makes to a paying financial institution and how the breach-of-warranty process works. It will also work through fraudulent check scenarios to determine if a check can be returned or adjusted, or if a breach-of-warranty claim can be filed.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for check exception personnel.
- Check return code list
- Check exception guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Marcy Cauthon, AAP, APRP, NCP – EPCOR
Marcy Cauthon joined EPCOR in 2011. She is the senior director of On-Demand Services and is responsible for the National Check Payments Certification Prep Program. She has 26 years’ experience in the financial industry, including financial institution operations. Cauthon obtained her AAP and NCP accreditations in 2011 and the APRP accreditation in 2018. She represents the EPCOR membership on the ECCHO Operations Committee, NCP Editorial Board, and Nacha’s Payments Innovation Alliance.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download