The federal bank regulatory agencies have not overhauled the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations since 1995, but they have constantly tinkered with the rules. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve Board, and the Comptroller of the Currency published a proposed rule on May 5, 2022, to revise the CRA regulations and a final rule is expected sometime during 2023. However, programs still need to be maintained and managed. This program is designed to explore the current rules to ensure your bank is in compliance today!
Achieving an Outstanding CRA involves a lot of work for very little payoff. We suggest banks do the work needed for an Outstanding rating but if the effort comes up a little short then settle for a solid Satisfactory rating.
The failure to achieve a Satisfactory or Outstanding CRA rating can increase the difficulty in getting various applications approved by your federal regulator. Lower rating results in additional work to restore the rating. This program provides the information needed to achieve the top CRA rating.
What You’ll Learn
- Performance tests, standards, and ratings
- Assigned ratings
- Assessment area delineation
- Public file requirements
- CRA notices
- Community Development activities
- An explanation of the adjustment to the asset-size thresholds used to define “small bank” and “intermediate small bank”
- A review of recent redlining cases
- A review of the recently published Questions and Answers, exam results, and CRA agreements
- An explanation of how to obtain community development credit for COVID-19-related activities
- A review of the interagency proposed rule.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, CRA officers, loan department staff, bank counsel, and auditors.
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC, and has more than two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and consumer compliance. During her career, she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Boatwright is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person