Creating the Right Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program for YOUR Community Bank
Are you creating your first ERM Program for your bank? Do you want to ensure your current program is complete, yet keep it simple? If you said yes to either question, this webinar is for you!
Risk management is at the heart of banking and every bank has to have processes, policies, and procedures in place in order to assess and manage the risks on their balance sheet. Marci Malzahn shares the fundamental pieces of the ERM puzzle, how they relate to each other, and how to integrate your ERM program into the bank’s strategic plan. Having built an ERM program for a community bank from scratch, Malzahn describes the various components of a strong ERM program. In this educational session, you will learn how to put your program together using all the parts you already have in your bank. Malzahn shares how you can make the process fun and how your team will become closer as they work together with the common goal of protecting the bank’s assets while fulfilling your bank’s vision.
What You’ll Learn
- ERM general background and key definitions
- How implementing an ERM program can help community banks survive and thrive
- The three key ongoing phases of ERM
- Creating an ERM Committee Charter and choosing the right ERM committee members
- Integrating the ERM program into your strategic plan
- Top risk categories, definitions, and how they are interrelated
- ERM risk assessment matrix – definitions and example
- Creating the Risk Management Appetite and Tolerance Statement – description of the process
- Implementing your ERM Program and benefits
- ERM program flowchart
Who Should Attend
Chief Risk Officers, Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Credit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, and Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program.
Marcia (“Marci”) Malzahn is the founder and inspirational keynote speaker at Crowning Achievements International — inspiring and educating emerging leaders in the financial services industry. She is also the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic providing management consulting services to community financial institutions. Malzahn has 30 years of banking experience, ten of those years as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she co-founded.
Malzahn speaks frequently at industry conferences and association events as well as leadership and women’s conferences; is a published author of five books, and the recipient of several professional awards. As a Certified Virtual Presenter, Marci also provides online and onsite training for financial institutions. Malzahn is a certified life coach and Certified Community Bank Director. She holds a B.A. in Business Management from Bethel University and is a graduate and faculty of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $299
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $95 per person