Banking Legal Marijuana Businesses
Are you up to date with federal and state laws and regulations related to the cannabis and marijuana industry? Whether you are actively engaged with MRBs or just looking for new business opportunities, this dynamic webinar will have something for you.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Evaluate the current legal landscape of state and federal laws
- Understand the potential impact of marijuana laws on multiple operational areas
- Prepare a marijuana-related business (MRB) due diligence plan
- Determine the proper alignment of policies and procedures
- Assess the benefit of third-party industry expertise
- Appreciate cannabis-related business best practices
The increasing acceptance of marijuana- and cannabis-related products, combined with flexibility within state legal systems, makes it absolutely essential for every financial institution to understand the myriad impacts this changing landscape can have on almost every element of business operations. From lending to deposit accounts and human resources to BSA, you need to understand the landmines and embrace the opportunities presented by this growing field.
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for board members, senior executives, managers, compliance staff, lending staff, deposit account managers, business development personnel, internal auditors, and anyone involved with commercial account activity or marijuana-related businesses.
Take Away Toolkit
- MRB due diligence checklist
- Cannabis banking resource guide
- Survey of state cannabis laws
- Recent regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed, JD – Reed & Jolly, PLLC
Attorney, author, consultant, and nationally recognized trainer, David Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed & Jolly, PLLC. He provides guidance to financial institutions on establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters, and corporate governance. His engaging speaking style has made him a nationwide lecturer on regulatory compliance, consumer lending, bankruptcy, and collections.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download