Overdraft Risks & Five Best Practices
Regulators have shown keen interest in overdraft protection plans (ODPs) lately. Compliance is key to avoiding reputational, compliance, and litigation risks. But how can you evaluate ODP UDAAP risks? This webinar will closely examine ODPs, which are considered a target for potential UDAAP violations, and provide five best practices to keep your institution on the straight and narrow.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Avoid potential UDAAP (unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices) landmines and identify what is likely to be considered deceptive, unfair, or abusive
- Identify five best practices for overdraft compliance
- Use regulatory guidance to understand the requirements
- Define best practices to avoid potential penalties and consumer harm
- Explain the opt-in/opt-out documentation and procedures
- Evaluate overdraft marketing programs for compliance
Who Should Attend?
This session will benefit staff involved in deposit product development and marketing, compliance officers, auditors, managers, sales and service staff, call center employees, and anyone who is involved in deposit product sales.
- Regulatory resources for ODP exam procedures and bulletins
- Resources for consumer education
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Susan Costonis, CRCM — Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download