Regulation B: The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
Many are probably readily familiar with the anti-discrimination provisions under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA). However, there is much more to Regulation B that financial institutions need to be aware of.
Join Regulatory Compliance Counsel Michael Christians for this 90-minute deep-dive into the ECOA. During the webinar, participants will gain a deeper understanding of how the regulation’s anti-discrimination requirements affect their day-to-day loan operations. In addition, attendees will learn about special purpose credit programs, adverse action notices, rules on providing appraisals and the collection of monitoring information.
- Protected Classifications
- Rules Concerning Evaluation of Applications and Extensions of Credit
- Special Purpose Credit Programs
- Adverse Action Notices
- Collection of Information for Monitoring Purposes
- Rules on Providing Appraisals and Other Valuations
Who Should Attend?
Bank leadership, consumer lenders, real estate lenders, commercial lenders, compliance officers and risk managers would all benefit from attending this program.
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services.
Michael has more than two decades of experience in the financial services industry with a primary focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person