State of HMDA in 2023
We’re now a few years into the new age of HMDA — increased coverage requirements, data collection, and submission, as well as risk. How are you doing with all this? The rules regarding reporting thresholds are in flux for small banks as a result of a recent federal court decision, so we’ll have to wait for the outcome there. But for 2022’s submission season, it’s the same as in years past. In this webinar, we’ll review all the pain points of HMDA, including actions taken and a variety of data points. We’ll also address a number of questions — What will examiners be looking at it? What are the fair lending issues and risks you need to be aware of after submission? We’ll discuss the current state of HMDA so close to submission in this session, and get some of your questions answered.
- Rules around thresholds and data elements, including legal challenges and what to do if you’re caught in the middle
- Private vs. public data
- Details of the coverage rules – who collects and submits information, and when
- What types of applications are reportable?
- The dwelling-secured loan standard – what does this impact?
- Effects in the commercial loan area
- How to handle HELOCs
- LAR fields, including common errors and pain points
- Categories of reporting, including information on the property, loan type, and loan features; plus identification information
- Reporting GMI
- Changes to the submission process
- Quarterly reporting for some institutions
- How the public obtains HMDA information changes
- Practical and compliance implications
Who Should Attend?
Loan officers, managers, and processors, compliance and fair lending officers, auditors, counsel, and anyone else with HMDA-related responsibilities, including data collection, reporting, analysis, and disclosure.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant LLC in Washington, D.C. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download +$140
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person