Ten Common Errors on Fiduciary Accounts
Your account holder, the federal government, or the court has named someone legally to act on his or her behalf. Now what? What can these caregivers and fiduciaries do? What supporting paperwork must each bring?
What can these caregivers and fiduciaries do? What supporting paperwork must each bring? During this program, we will review the set-up, documentation, and legal issues involved in these high- risk accounts. You will learn how to style these accounts and get the signature card perfect every time. Join us as we cover the 10 common errors you can avoid!
What You’ll Learn
- Different types of power of attorney documents
- What an attorney-in-fact can and can’t do
- When do POAs cease
- Guardianships — court-ordered accounts and documentation
- Estate Accounts: Letters of Testamentary and Letters of Administration
- Answers to common questions on how to set up and handle accounts at death
- Executors, Guardians, Power of attorney, and other caregivers — authority, liability, and paperwork
- Social Security representative payee and veteran accounts
- Government benefit accounts signature card set up
- CIP requirements on all fiduciary accounts
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will be useful for new account representatives, customer service representatives, member service representatives, branch administration, branch operations, branch managers, personal bankers, compliance, BSA, and anyone who opens new accounts.
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 35+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person