The Beginning Security Officer
Seize the opportunity for this expert training for new security officers.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Know exactly what you are responsible for under the Bank Protection Act and implementing regulations
- Understand lighting, landscaping, locations, and locks — the four Ls of security
- Know the proper steps to take with cash recyclers and ITMs
- Explain to management the need for an annual risk assessment
- Understand the records that the security officer or risk manager should keep
If you have been the security officer for less than three years or have been newly assigned, this is the webinar for you. If you have been the security officer for many years, this will be a great refresher on your position’s requirements. Join us to learn about regulations, industry-standard practices, and pointers on how to report to the board.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is directed to security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, compliance officers, and anyone who needs to understand the security function.
- Regulation H checklist to determine if your security program is current
- Night inspection form to help implement your physical security inspections
- Proper Employee Conduct During and After a Robbery form for your training program
- Risk Management Basics: Before, During & After the Robbery
- Risk Management Basics: Robbery Styles
- Risk Management Basics: Physical Risk Assessments, Thinking Like the Robber
- Sample incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Barry Thompson, CRCM – Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is an international speaker, trainer, consultant, and writer. He is a security and compliance “guru” for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups — he has trained over 54,000 financial professionals.
Thompson is recognized worldwide, presenting in Brussels, Belgium to European bankers on internal fraud; at the United Nations on identity theft; and to Japanese bankers on bank security. Thompson has worked in the financial services industry for over four decades, and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president, and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state, and local levels. Thompson is the author of 101 Security Tips for the Beginning Security Officer and Inside the Vault and has been interviewed by Newsweek, Computer World, USA Today, and other national publications.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download