Basic Real Estate Loan Documentation
This webinar provides a comprehensive overview of essential real estate loan documentation requirements, regulatory compliance issues, sound loan administration issues and best practices.
All necessary preclosing and closing real estate loan documents and requirements will be discussed with a focus on their purpose, use, timing and legal aspects. Key points of concern from both a legal and credit viewpoint will be discussed.
What You Will Learn
- Real estate lien notes
- Letters of Intent, Commitment Letters and Loan Agreements
- Mortgages and Deeds of Trust
- Real property legal descriptions
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Appraisal requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Surveys, title commitments and title insurance
- Property and casualty insurance
- Deed restrictions and zoning
- Environmental risk assessments
- Flood insurance regulations
- Basic construction lending documentation
- Essential loan administration
- Closing documentation
- Essential loan administration issues, loan agreements and construction lending monitoring requirements
- Key real estate bankruptcy concepts
Who Should Attend?
Loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations personnel, loan review personnel, compliance and audit personnel or any banker wishing to enhance his/her knowledge and understanding of the “how’s” and “why’s” of real estate lending.
Robin Russell has practiced law for 30 years and is licensed in Texas, New York, and Massachusetts. She is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and of the American Law Institute. She combines a depth of experience in bankruptcy restructuring and litigation with financial transactions. She has represented corporate debtors, independent directors, liquidating trustees, bondholders, unsecured creditors’ committees, bank groups, private equity funds, landlords, trade creditors and bidders for estate assets in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. She has also represented banks, institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in commercial loan transactions and debt restructurings.
Russell is the principal author of Thomson Reuters’ Texas Practice Guides for both Creditors’ Rights and Financial Transactions and the Texas Bankers Association’s Texas Secured Lending Guide, Texas Problem Loan Guide, Texas Real Estate Lending Guide, and Texas Account Documentation Guide. She is a frequent speaker on banking, bankruptcy, and financial restructuring related topics and has served as a Chapter 7 Trustee. Russell received her LL.M. in Banking Law from Boston University and her J.D. from Baylor University where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review and the highest ranking graduate in her class. She clerked for the Texas Supreme Court before beginning her legal career.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $299
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $120
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download +$150
- Additional Live Access + $95 per person