Deposit Ops Series: Payment Systems Bootcamp
Do you understand the primary payment systems in the US? How many are there? This is a prime opportunity for the frontline and new employees to learn about payment options, how transactions flow, funds availability, and related rules. Discover how to answer accountholder questions with confidence!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish which payment system was used, including the parties involved and how the payment was authorized by the accountholder
- Define the parts and parties of a check and the parties to an ACH transaction, wire transfer, and card payment
- Understand the basic transaction flow for ACH, card, wire, and check payments, including how they may affect funds availability for accountholders
- Explain options for accountholders wanting to send or receive funds into your financial institution
- Start a conversation internally using our key takeaways to learn more about when transactions post, cutoff times, unauthorized and stop payment requests, and more
Financial institutions regularly hire new staff due to retirement, promotion, or turnover. As part of their comprehensive training, new employees must achieve a basic understanding of the four main payment systems. This session is designed to give new operations staff that baseline understanding. It will address checks, ACH, cards, and wire participants, plus rules and key considerations for all staff. After this session, attendees will be more confident in answering accountholders’ transaction inquiries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for tellers, frontline staff, and new employees.
- Key takeaways of payment systems basics to use as a conversation-starter to learn more about your institution’s policies, procedures, and practices
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER — Kimberly Ellis, UMACHA
Kimberly Ellis is the Director of Education Services for UMACHA where she provides training and support for financial institutions in the areas of payments & risk management. She graduated from Western Illinois University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. She holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP), and Accredited Payments Risk Professional (APRP). She spent 17 years working in community banks in Southeast Iowa before joining UMACHA in 2020. She has experience working with deposit operations & compliance, risk management, and support for corporate ACH originators.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download