Designing Right-Size Risk Assessments
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand different approaches to risk assessment
- Explain risk assessment objectives and results
- Design a risk assessment that is the “right size” for your institution
- Communicate with risk stakeholders
- Distinguish between inherent and control risk
- Connect business processes and controls to the risk assessment
Every institution has risk, but not every team has learned to capture the unique risk profile at their institution. With so many tools available — from third-party vendors to thought leadership — it is easy to get lost. Leaders can end up with a risk assessment that is too complicated to be useful, or too small to be impactful. This webinar will include a survey of risk assessment approaches and expectations from third parties, including examiners. It will provide real-world examples of risk assessments from institutions of various sizes, testing approaches, and results interpretations.
Who Should Attend?
This informational webinar will benefit internal audit staff, risk management personnel, and compliance staff.
- Useful website links
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Harrison Powers, CPA – CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP
Harrison Powers is a principal with CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP where he specializes in assurance and consulting services to community financial institutions, private lenders, and financial technology companies. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin and his master’s degree from the University of Texas at Dallas. He is also a graduate of the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking and a certified public accountant.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download