Elder Fraud Issues
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Distinguish between elder theft and elder fraud
- Spot scams, including government imposter, romance, person-in-need, and tech
- Identify behavioral or financial red flags
- Provide special SAR reporting, including what needs to be in the narrative
- Understand why privacy is not a concern
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) issued an advisory to alert financial institutions to the rising trend of elder financial exploitation (EFE) and to highlight typologies and red flags new since the first EFE advisory in 2011. FinCEN also issued this advisory in support of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, which has been commemorated on June 15 every year since 2006 and provides an opportunity for communities around the world to promote a better understanding of abuse and neglect of older adults by raising awareness of the related cultural, social, economic, and demographic factors.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for tellers, new account representatives, branch managers, compliance staff, BSA officers, and BSA staff.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah L. Crawford – Gettechnical Inc
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download