Navigating the FedNow Rules and Regulatory Compliance Environment
Unlock the compliance keys to successful FedNow instant payments with the Payments Professor. Learn how to navigate the intricate web of the FedNow® Service Operating Rules, Circular 8, and Regulations J, E, and more, to gain an understanding of the rules and regulations that apply to FedNow® instant payments.
Join us for an insightful 60-minute webinar led by the Payments Professor, where we’ll dive into the critical rules and regulations that govern FedNow instant payments. In an ever-evolving financial landscape, staying compliant with the intricate web of regulations is paramount and the new world of instant payments is changing what needs to be done. This session is your compass to navigate the complex world of FedNow® instant payments with a strong emphasis on understanding the FedNow Service Operating Rules and Operating Circular 8, as well as pivotal regulations like Regulation J, Regulation E, UCC 4a, OFAC, and more.
By the end of this webinar, you’ll possess a grasp of the FedNow Service Operating Rules, Operating Circular 8, and key regulations such as Regulation J, Regulation E, UCC 4a, OFAC, and others that are central to the world of FedNow instant payments. This knowledge will help empower you to make informed decisions and ensure your institution operates within the bounds of the law.
What You’ll Learn
- FedNow Service Operating Rules: Delve into the heart of the FedNow Service Operating Rules, dissecting the essential principles that guide instant payments, and uncovering how they affect your operations.
- Operating Circular 8: Gain an understanding of the Federal Reserve’s Operating Circular 8, focusing on its significance in the FedNow ecosystem and how it shapes your institution’s role.
- Regulation J: Explore Regulation J and its implications on FedNow transactions, with a close look at the compliance requirements and their practical application.
- Regulation: Navigate the basic intricacies of Regulation E in the context of instant payments, ensuring your institution adheres to consumer protection rules and disclosure requirements.
- UCC 4a: Decode the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Article 4a and its role in governing funds transfers, emphasizing the importance of compliance for financial institutions.
- OFAC and Other Regulations: Understand the role of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and its sanctions programs, along with other pertinent regulations that impact instant payments.
- Q&A Session: Engage in an interactive Q&A session with the Payments Professor to get clarifications on specific rules and regulations.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is essential for financial professionals, compliance officers, BSA/AML, payment processors, auditors, and anyone involved in the FedNow instant payments ecosystem. Whether you’re a seasoned expert or new to the field, this session will provide invaluable insights into navigating the rules, regulations, and compliance.
Kevin Olsen is the Payments Professor bringing enthusiasm and motivation to presentations. Viewing the world as a classroom which is exemplified in the professor’s “edutainment” (when education is motivating, informative, and fun) style of training as he seeks to educate and inform all on the latest developments and trends in the fascinating world of electronic payments Olsen develops programs, presentations, and articles designed to orient and educate financial professionals on a multitude of electronic payment topics. Olsen is also a certified business coach helping lead organizations to innovate and communicate in the ever-changing world of payments, including building of payment strategies with a focus on product development and use cases for faster payments (RTP & FedNow).
Among his many certifications, Olsen is an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP), an Accredited Payments Risk Professional (APRP), an NCP (National Check Payments Certification) as well as an NCP Certified Trainer and a Certified High-Performance Coach (CHPC), and holds a masters in industrial organizational psychology from Liberty University.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person