Being a notary public is a responsibility assumed by many financial institution employees. Unfortunately, most do not understand the personal liability when agreeing to serve in this capacity. Notaries and others will learn best practices for dealing with issues unique to the financial industry. Help your team know their responsibilities, plus learn basic laws, liability, and reviews of various notarial acts.
This Two-Hour Course Will Address
- Basic Notary Public laws
- Responsibilities of a Notary Public
- Conflicts of interest
- What happens when the law and the employer don't agree
- Different types of notarial acts
- Notarial liability and why notaries are sued
Who Should Attend?
Bank legal counsel, managers, supervisors, and notaries, as well as potential new notaries.
Terri D. Thomas, JD is the director of the Kansas Bankers Association Legal Department, which specializes in providing compliance and legal assistance to Kansas banks.
Terri has worked with financial institutions for over thirty-nine years in various capacities. Most notably, she served for fourteen years as in-house legal counsel and trust officer for Bank of America and its Kansas predecessors. She has also served as a trust department manager and branch manager.
Receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from Kansas State University in 1985, Terri continued her education at Washburn University School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988. She has served as an adjunct professor at Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas and the University of Kansas School of Law in Lawrence, Kansas, and is a frequent seminar presenter for financial associations in the Midwest.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395