Opening Nonprofit Accounts Compliantly
Many different groups rely on nonprofit accounts, including clubs, charities, formal organizations, benefits, and the list goes on. Because they can be so specialized, they need special (informed) treatment. Do you know some of the differences on signature cards or required documentation? Who can access and sign? Attend this highly informative webinar to learn the dos and don’ts to stay in compliance.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- How to set up accounts for formal nonprofit corporations, informal clubs, charities, homeowners associations, campaigns, and tragedy or benefit funds
- Signature cards, resolutions, and documentation required on each type of account
- TIN for entities using the parent organization’s TIN
- How to obtain a TIN
- BSA requirements for nonprofit organizations
- Common errors and signature card problems
- What to do/document when signers change or move away
- Insurance issues
- Special issues on public funds
From clubs to campaigns, these organization accounts have different rules and procedures for each type. Learn how to compliantly set up accounts for a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, associations, and corporations. This program is a must for those who open accounts for community, civic, and fundraising organizations. Documentation and signature card dos and don’ts will be covered so you can document authority, liability, and ongoing signatory rights on each.
Who Should Attend?
- New accounts manual
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah Crawford — Gettechnical Inc
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Crawford specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download