Website Compliance: Best Practices & Common Issues
The ADA covers so much more than sidewalk curbs and physical access. Did you know it applies to websites? Is yours in compliance? This timely webinar will teach you about compliance findings in recent internal audits, how to perform simple web accessibility tests, best practices, and more.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Review your financial institution’s website for common and/or significant violations/exceptions which have been noted in recent website compliance internal audit reports
- Understand the background of the applicability of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to websites, including current guidance used to evaluate website accessibility
- Implement best-practice recommendations regarding ADA accessibility for websites to ensure you are providing equality and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and to reduce the chances of receiving a demand letter
- Perform simple web accessibility tests to assess basic/limited ADA compliance
Given the ever-growing importance of financial institutions’ websites, as more and more individuals continue to rely upon them to access general information and to perform banking transactions, it is imperative that management stay current with regulatory changes and/or hot topics that could impact the website’s functionality. Management should also become familiar with common violations/exceptions noted during recent website compliance reviews so that they can proactively evaluate their own website. This session will highlight the most common and significant exceptions and violations noted during recent website compliance internal audits.
Who Should Attend?
- Checklist of regulations and other areas to review for financial institution website compliance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Betsy Glickman, CPA — Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC
A manager with Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC, Betsy Glickman has over 30 years’ experience in the regulatory compliance/internal audit field. She manages client relationships for the firm’s internal audit and regulatory compliance consulting services for financial institutions throughout Florida.
Glickman began her career as an OCC Bank Examiner in the Jacksonville Field Office and later became the Compliance Officer for Chase Bank of Florida, N.A. She then became the Audit Coordinator Officer for Florida Banks, Inc. While there, she managed all aspects of internal and external audits and regulatory examinations. Betsy joined Jon Campbell & Associates in 2005 and was with the firm until the merger with Mauldin & Jenkins in 2019. Betsy earned a bachelor’s in accounting from the University of Florida and is also a CPA.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download