WBA Deposit Compliance School
The WBA Deposit Compliance School will start on Tuesday, October 15 at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn on Thursday, October 17, 2024 at 3:00 p.m.
*We are offering a one-day registration option available for those looking for a full-day workshop on Regulation E on October 17, 2024 from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Those registered for the full school will already be registered for the Reg E Workshop day as it is part of the school.*
VIRTUAL OPTION: You may choose to attend the school via livestream using Zoom. You’ll select your registration choice during the registration process. We encourage attendees to consider attending in-person for the greatest experience and most efficient networking with peers. However, the virtual option is available for those who prefer to watch the presenters from their office.
Registration for livestream access provides one connection for the individual who is registered. Additional attendees from the bank who also would like to attend and receive materials should register separately. Each individual virtual attendee can request a verification of attendance upon completion of the program (whether attending live during the livestream or watching the on-demand recording).
The curriculum is designed to give you a strong foundation of the various deposit regulations affecting your bank, the current trends in compliance, and the resources you need following the school.
- Compliance Overview – understanding the key players in compliance and how important it is to your bank
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, including USA Patriot Act and OFAC issues
- Miscellaneous Deposit Regulations, including:
- Regulation D; Regulation V, Subpart J (Identity Theft Red Flags); Regulation GG; Non-deposit investment products; Regulation AA (UDAAP); and Overdraft Protection Programs
- Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability)
- Check 21
- Legal Process, including:
- Garnishments; Child Support Liens; Federal and State Tax Levies; Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Levies; IRS Summons; Subpoenas; Elder Abuse Reporting Rules; and Worthless Checks
- Regulation P (Privacy)
- Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act)
- Regulation E Overview (Electronic Funds Transfer Act)
- E-Sign Act
Who Should Attend:
This school is designed for bank retail staff, including head tellers, personal bankers, universal bankers and managers, as well as compliance officers, operations personnel, and bank legal counsel.
Each student’s performance will be evaluated through a pre- and post-test. Participants will be expected to attend all classes and correctly answer 75% of the questions on the post-test to successfully complete the school and receive a diploma. The pre- and post-test will be administered online. Those registering for the one-day Regulation E workshop can disregard this.
- Three-day Deposit Compliance School (Regulation E Workshop included) – The student fee of $795 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and daily lunch and refreshment breaks.
- One-day Regulation E Workshop – The student fee of $275 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and lunch and refreshment breaks.
Visit wisbank.com/Hotels for a list of special rates available to WBA members.
Refund Policy: A refund, less a $150 administrative fee, is provided for written cancellations received by WBA on or before October 8, 2024. All requests for cancellations or substitute registrations must be provided in writing to WBA Education.